Over 2018 and 2019, ALS has provided multiple ESP training courses for an Operator in Oman. The Level III Dismantle Inspection and Failure Analysis course spans over five days, in which the attendees are indoctrinated into the complexities of ESP failures, and what is required determine the root cause so opportunities for improvement can be realized. The students receive classroom instruction, along with two days of hands-on teardown experience in a local ESP Supplier facility. Teardown reports are prepared by the students and presented to the class to complete the training.
- Introduction to ESP and their components -Nomenclature
- The DIFA process –Supervision and Reporting
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- What is a Root Cause
- Why are Root Causes important?
- Industry standards and API Recommended Practices
- Reliability of Information
- Implementing Change
- Class Quiz
- Hands-on Training at Supplier Facility
- Witness teardown of equipment
- Capture photos and notes in effort to determine Root Cause of Failure
- Final Report Preparation and Presentation
This training program delivers in-depth ESP knowledge from industry experts. Participants are left with a greater understanding of ESP function and modes of failure, as well as the high level of attention that must be given to each of the phases of the ESP Lifecycle to increase runlife.